Toronto


Last May and June I visited Canada, spending two weeks in Montreal, then a week each in Ottawa and Toronto. I spent a lot of time drawing in museums, but in Toronto I discovered that the Art Gallery of Ontario, which was a short walk from Elise and Ian's wonderful airbnb where I was staying, did not allow sketching in pen. Disappointed, I decided to go elsewhere, for the moment.

On a previous trip to Galway, Ireland, I had liked walking around the campus of the university there, so I headed over to the University of Toronto. Across the street from the campus is Queen's Park, which looked inviting. I ended up returning there several times to draw.

To make the images easier to see, and to edit the thoughts that I share, I have digitally removed text from the above image, and other sketchbook drawings. Along with drawing I wrote notes to myself, about what I was thinking and feeling. The combination of visual and verbal notes, recording outer- and inner-directed exploration, make my travel sketchbooks, for me, among my most valuable possessions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Am I Doing This?

Birthday

Sketches for Water-Themed Paintings